Duration: 1 day
This course will provide a friendly environment and expert tuition, allowing you to develop proficiency in many beading techniques, from which there is unlimited scope to produce further designs from your own imagination in the future!
The techniques you will learn on this course can be easily continued at home with a minimal amount of equipment.
This course covers a range of beading techniques and will give you the skills to produce your own beaded jewellery in a variety of styles.
The lecturer for this course is Teresa Speer, who holds a BA (Hons) in Jewellery. Teresa has been a teacher of jewellery-making for over 18 years and has been a practitioner of the jewellery trade for over a quarter of a century.
Skills you will learn:
- Core essential beading exercises
- Beadalon wire techniques
- How to use a variety of different fastenings
- Bead knotting techniques
- Ways of using wire to attach or suspend beads
- Working with different cord thickness
- How to incorporate knots as aesthetic features
Jewellery you will create:
- Matching natural stone and Bali bead necklace and bracelet
- A pleasing knotted beaded bracelet with thick cord
- A beautiful freshwater pearl necklace with silk cord finished with gimp ends and silver fittings
For £40.00 Teresa will provide everything you need to create the items on this course. This includes all the necessary beads, thread and findings.
In the morning, you learn the core essentials of beading, including stringing exercises and working with Beadalon wire to produce a beautiful natural stone and Bali bead necklace with Sterling Silver links and a natural stone Bali bead bracelet with fastening.
You will then create a bracelet using a bead knotting technique with a thick stringing cord.
This will help you to develop your skills in preparation for the pearl stringing.
After lunch, you will learn how to use wire both to attach beads together and to hang them as suspended elements.
The course will end with you knotting a beautiful freshwater pearl necklace with a silk cord, and finishing with gimp ends and silver fittings.